NIAS offers facilities for the organisation of an "Expert Workshop" to stimulate knowledge exchange in a setting that is both collaborative and multi-disciplinary.
Organising a workshop at NIAS
- Current Fellows and first-year alumni who are member of the NFA can apply for the facilitation of an academic workshop.
- The workshop has a maximum of 20 participants.
- The workshop may take place in the period from September to mid June (Monday to Thursday only, from 9:15 through 16:45 hrs.) excluding holidays, the first week of September, and the first week of February.
What can you apply for?
- Two days use of the Conference Room with presentation equipment
- Two days of unlimited tea, coffee and water for 20 participants
- One day of pre-production and one day of production of the workshop by NIAS staff members.
- A budget of up to € 500 per Workshop, which can (partly) be used for lunches at € 17.50 per couvert.
- Wifi access in all areas
All other costs (f.i. extra days or services, traveling costs and accommodation) are not covered by the NIAS grant.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to make use of additional days or services.
Who can apply?
Current Fellows and first-year alumni who are member of the NFA can apply for the facilitation of an academic workshop. NIAS currently does not accept workshop applications from external researchers.
Selection criteria and the process
- The academic programme of the workshop should aim at developing new (interdisciplinary) themes. Applicants may choose any academic subject that falls within the humanities and social sciences, including interaction with other domains.
- At least part of the workshop should be open to all Current Fellows at NIAS.
The directorate of NIAS decides whether or not NIAS will facilitate the workshop. Together NIAS and the workshop organizer will draw up and sign a cooperation agreement containing the terms and the agreed budget.
When to apply
Applications can be submitted throughout the year.