Apply for a fellowship
You are about to apply for a fellowship at NIAS for the academic year 2019/20.
Before you start
Please make sure you have all necessary information and documents at hand.
The application form consists of five steps:
- Kind of fellowship you are applying for
- Personal information
- Work and career
- Fellowship: practical information
- Project proposal
You need to upload the following documents (pdf, doc, docx):
- Full project proposal: a project description of max. 1500 words , including:
– research topic and research question;
– position in relation to current research in the field;
– innovative character of the research;
– methodology and time schedule;
– intended research output
– the added value of the interdisciplinary NIAS environment
– the added value of working in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- CV (max 1 page)
- List of your major publications published during the last 5 years period in refereed journals/books
- Two of your publications (articles or books) in support of the application. (Books may also be sent by regular mail. Please address to NIAS, Academic Affairs, PO Box 10855, 1001 EW Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Here you can find the full List of Questions NIAS Application Form (pdf).
You can save your application and continue at a later moment. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement of receipt on the work email address you provided. If you do not receive this message, please contact NIAS.
Only complete applications that meet the eligibility criteria will be taken into consideration. You will be notified by email if your application does not fulfill these criteria and/or if the submitted documents are either incomplete or do not contain the information as requested.
All information supplied will be treated with utmost confidentiality and used only by the Scholarship Committee, selected External Referees, and the Directorate.
Anja de Haas Academic Affairs Assistant +31 (0) 20 224 67 05 – for questions about the fellowship application form, the procedure and practical matters
Angelie Sens Institute Manager +31 (0) 20 224 67 03 – for questions about academic content of your proposal