Apply for a fellowship
The call for Fellowships at NIAS opens on 15 January 2020 and will close on 16 March 2020, 12.00 noon (Dutch time). Extended deadline for NIAS Individual and Golestan Fellowship: 19 March 9.00 AM (Dutch time).
Before you start
Please make sure you have all necessary information and documents at hand.
The application form consists of five steps:
- Kind of fellowship you are applying for
- Personal information
- Work and career
- Fellowship: practical information
- Project proposal
If you apply for a NIAS Fellowship, you need to upload the following documents (pdf, doc, docx):
- Full project proposal: a project description of max. 1500 words, including:
1) title of research project
2) research topic and research question
3) position in relation to the current research in the field
4) innovative character of the research
5) methodology and time schedule
6) intended research output
7) the added value of the interdisciplinary NIAS environment
8) the added value of working in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- CV (max 2 pages, incl proofs of excellence)
- List of relevant key publications, preferably most recent, in refereed journals/books (max 2 pages)
- The names of four international experts in your field who would be suitable to approach as referees
Requirements for co-sponsored fellowships slightly vary. Please follow the instructions on the application form (by clicking the apply button below).
For your convenience, please find the full List of Questions NIAS Application Form (pdf) here: Application List of Questions 2021-22
You can save your application and continue at a later moment. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement of receipt on the work email address you provided. If you do not receive this message, please contact NIAS.
Only complete applications that meet the formal requirements will be taken into consideration. You will be notified by email if your application does not fulfill these criteria and/or if the submitted documents are either incomplete or do not contain the information as requested.
All information supplied will be treated with utmost confidentiality. NIAS-KNAW follows the EU privacy laws and has made every effort to ensure your data is stored in a secure way with restricted access. The information supplied in the application form will be used for procedures pertaining the fellowship application by the NIAS Scientific Advisory Committee, the NIAS Academic Advisory Board, selected External Referees, the Directorate and the administrative office. If your application is successful, your information will be preserved in perpetuity for administrative and historical purposes. If your application is unsuccessful, your information will be kept for a period of ten years, as this is necessary to be able to check the fellowship eligibility criteria.
For questions about the fellowship application form, the procedure and practical matters: Anja de Haas Academic Affairs Assistant +31 (0) 20 224 67 05.