The Distinguished Lorentz Fellow (DLF) may be nominated by leading figures in the Dutch academic community, or museums and industries with a research agenda – rectors, deans, directors, governors, distinguished researchers.
What we offer
• € 10,000 personal prize
• 5 to 10 months fellowship at NIAS, including on-campus study, research facilities and residential accommodation
• 1-week workshop at the Lorentz Center, including full organizational support and € 20,000 budget for travel and hotel reimbursements
• excellent academic track record
• capacity to bring together researchers from diverse disciplines
• embedded in the Dutch scientific community
Relevance to current societal issues is valued. NIAS and the Lorentz Center particularly encourage women and minority groups to apply.
About the NIAS-Lorentz Program
The NIAS-Lorentz Program promotes cutting-edge interdisciplinary research that brings together perspectives from the humanities and/or social sciences with the natural and/or technological sciences. Pivotal to this program is the understanding that important and exciting advances are to be expected through research at the interface of these scientific fields.