Instituut Gak Fellowship
The Instituut Gak Fellowship offers researchers from Dutch and Flemish Universities or research institutes the opportunity to work on topics in the fields of social security and labour market policy.
About the Instituut Gak Fellowship
During the Instituut Gak Fellowship researchers can focus without interruption on their research and the in-depth exploration of their topic in the fields of social security or labour market policy. The fellow can concentrate on producing new scientific knowledge (preferably leading to publications) or work on solutions to practical issues. The inspiring international environment at NIAS-KNAW offers researchers an opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary community of scholars.
Who can apply
The Instituut Gak Fellowship is open to researchers with 3-10 years postdoctoral experience (junior) or more than 10 years postdoctoral experience (senior) who are currently on a temporary or permanent contract at a Dutch or Flemish University and/or research institute.
- There are two Instituut Gak Fellowships available in 2018: the first starting February 2018 for 5 months (NB There is no longer accommodation free for this period); the second starting September 2018 for 5 or for 10 months.
- Fellows are provided with a study in the main building with office and research facilities and, if deemed necessary, subsidized accommodation. Fellows can also apply for funds to cover the costs of replacing their contractual obligation for teaching and management hours – the so-called replacement teaching fund. For more information see the Regulations Instituut Gak Fellowship (downloads, sidebar on the right).
How to apply
To apply candidates must submit a fully completed Instituut Gak Fellowship application form online.
- NIAS-KNAW is responsible for processing all fellowship applications. The Academic Board at Instituut Gak selects suitable candidates to present to the NIAS Director who makes the final decision.
- Applications are evaluated on the basis of a) scientific quality and originality of the project proposal; b) significance for the system of social security and labour market policy in the Netherlands; 3) the candidate’s academic achievements.
- Candidates will be informed of the outcome by 15 September 2017.
About the Instituut Gak
Instituut Gak is a foundation that aims to improve the quality of social security and labour-market policy in the Netherlands by funding practical projects and scientific research. The Instituut Gak supports numerous research projects and has established sixteen endowed chairs at universities and universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.