Instituut Gak Fellowship
The Instituut Gak Fellowship at NIAS offers researchers the opportunity to work on topics in the fields of social security and labour market policy.
About the Instituut Gak Fellowship
During the Instituut Gak Fellowship researchers can focus without interruption on their research and the in-depth exploration of their topic in the fields of social security or labour market policy. The fellow can concentrate on producing new scientific knowledge (preferably leading to publications), writing a grant application, or work on solutions to practical issues. The inspiring international environment at NIAS offers researchers an opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary community of scholars.
Who can apply
The Instituut Gak Fellowship is open to researchers with more than three years of postdoctoral experience. Preference is given to early-career researchers (3 – 10 years post-Ph.D. experience). Applicants need to be on a temporary or permanent contract at a Dutch or Flemish University and/or research institute, or be registered in the Netherlands as an independent researcher.
- The Instituut Gak offers two 5-month fellowships a year
- Fellows are provided with a study in the main building with office and research facilities and, if necessary, subsidized accommodation. Fellows also receive a stipend or Dutch University Grant, both of 2.500 euro per month.
How to apply
To apply candidates must submit a fully completed Instituut Gak Fellowship application form online. The call for the academic year 2024/25 is open from 22 September to 1 November 2023 (noon, 12.00 CEST).
- NIAS-KNAW is responsible for processing all fellowship applications. The Board at Instituut Gak, therein advised by the Academic Board, selects suitable candidates to present to the NIAS Director who makes the final decision.
- Applications are evaluated on the basis of a) scientific quality and originality of the project proposal; b) significance for the system of social security and labour market policy in the Netherlands; 3) the candidate’s academic achievements.
- Candidates will be informed of the outcome within six weeks after the deadline.
About Instituut Gak
Instituut Gak is a foundation that aims to improve the quality of social security and labour-market policy in the Netherlands by funding projects and scientific research. Instituut Gak supports numerous research projects and has established twenty endowed chairs at universities and universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.