Apply for a Meertens-NIAS Fellowship
The call for the Meertens-NIAS Fellowship is open from 16 January until 15 March (12.00 noon CET).
Before you start
Please make sure you have all necessary information and documents at hand.
The application form consists of four steps:
- Personal information
- Work and career
- Fellowship: practical information
- Project proposal
If you apply for a Fellowship, you need to upload the following documents (pdf, doc, docx):
- Full project proposal: a project description of max. 1500 words, including:
1) title of research project;
2) research topic and research question;
3) relation of the project to existing literature in the field;
4) academic and societal relevance of the research project;
5) methodology and time schedule;
6) intended research output;
7) the added value of the interdisciplinary NIAS environment;
8) the contribution to the internationalization of research at the Meertens Institute;
9) if applicable, a reflection on the applicant’s underrepresented background(s)
(1500 words is excluding bibliography)
Please note: Project descriptions that are not embedded in the existing literature and do not contain a short list of references are not eligible for selection.
- CV (max 4 pages, incl list of relevant key publications, preferably most recent, in refereed journals/books)
You can save your application and continue at a later moment. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement of receipt on the work email address you provided. If you do not receive this message, please check your spam folder or contact NIAS.
Only complete applications that meet the formal requirements and address the topic of language and culture in the Netherlands or Dutch language and culture in the world will be taken into consideration. You will be notified by email if your application does not fulfill these criteria and/or if the submitted documents are either incomplete or do not contain the information as requested.
All information supplied will be treated with utmost confidentiality. NIAS-KNAW follows the EU privacy laws and has made every effort to ensure your data is stored in a secure way with restricted access. The information supplied in the application form will be used for procedures pertaining the fellowship application by the Meertens Institute, the NIAS Directorate and the administrative office. If your application is successful, your information will be preserved in perpetuity for administrative and historical purposes. If your application is unsuccessful, your information will be kept for a period of ten years, as this is necessary to be able to check the fellowship eligibility criteria.
Please make sure you have taken note of these financial and practical matters
as well as the code of conduct for research integrity.
For questions about the fellowship application form, the procedure and practical matters: Dindy van Maanen Supported Fellowships Officer +31 (0) 20 224 67 06.