NIAS Theme Group Pre-Proposal
A NIAS Theme-Group pre-proposal should be submitted before 12 noon, 15 December 2021 by emailing a pre-proposal document and C.V. to email@example.com.
For the initial phase of the selection procedure there is no specific form: the theme group coordinator can submit a C.V. and short pre-proposal of no more than two pages that includes:
- Topic and main idea of the theme group
- A description of the interdisciplinary character of the proposal
- Evidence of the benefit of group collaboration
- Expected activities and, if applicable, the expected joint end product
- A list of the preferred theme group members (max. 5)
- Contact details of the main applicant
This document, together with a C.V. of the theme-group coordinator, should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, citing NIAS Theme Group application, before 12 noon, 15 December 2021.
The Academic Advisory Board (AAB) evaluates the pre-proposals on the basis of the following criteria:
- Originality and quality of the project
- Academic and societal relevance of the research project
- Interdisciplinary character of the pre-proposal and evidence of the benefit of group collaboration
- The added value of the NIAS interdisciplinary environment for the research project
- Feasibility of the planned activities within one semester of group collaboration
- The coordinator’s leadership qualities and added value to collaborate with the proposed theme group members
Based on the evaluations of the AAB, the theme-group coordinator may be invited to send in a more elaborate (full) proposal by 25 January 2022.