From 19-21 April 2023 NIAS organizes its second international conference in Amsterdam. The Conference theme is Belonging & Mobility. During the Conference we will collectively investigate how the narratives and practices of belonging are being negotiated and rendered (im)mobile. For this event, NIAS is looking for a PR & Communication Manager.
As PR & Communication Manager you will be responsible for all communication about and during the conference. You will become part of the organising team and play an important role in ensuring the Conference’s success.
We are looking for someone
- With relevant experience with science communication and communicating about academic conferences
- With excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a broad interdisciplinary audience of scholars and artists.
- With a flexible and hands-on mentality
- Who is available from (mid) January – May 2023 for approx. 8 to 12 hours a week and during the entire Conference week
- Who can deliver under (time) pressure
- Who is fluent in English and Dutch (written and word)
What will you do?
- Set up a communication strategy to bring in audiences, increase the conference’s visibility, and inform participants
- Carry out the tasks formulated in the strategy
- Make sure deadlines and timelines are met, together with the Conference Team
- Support the Conference Team during the conference in communication & organising tasks
- Tasks will include creating and managing content for social media, updating the conference website, sending newsletters, coordinating merchandise and PR/press related tasks
What we offer
- A freelancing job for five months, approx. 8 to 12 hours a week
- A small dedicated team at an internationally renowned institute
- Flexible working hours
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Warm lunch when working in the office
- An opportunity to work in a stimulating interdisciplinary and intellectual environment and access to an international network of scholars and artists
- Suitable compensation
For more information about this job, reach out to Zará Kars, Programme Manager Arts & Science, via email@example.com.
Are you enthusiastic about working for NIAS and do you want to become part of the Conference team? E-mail your CV/portfolio and a short motivation to Bernike Pasveer, Head of Academic Affairs, via firstname.lastname@example.org before 21 December 2022.
The Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences is an intellectual haven for international researchers, writers, artists and journalists to pursue their research or projects, to work in an interdisciplinary environment, and to share their knowledge with society. NIAS is an institute of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW).