Quality assurance and evaluation
Research assessments are a key component of the quality assurance system of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) and it's institutes. On this page you will find NIAS's Strategy Evaluation Protocol (SEP) evaluation and the responses on this evaluation.
NIAS was evaluated in 2017 – 2018 by an independent evaluation committee, on the basis of the Strategy Evaluation Protocol and the associated Academy Manual for Evaluations of Academy Institutes. The main goal of the SEP-evaluation is to maintain and improve the quality and societal relevance of research as well as to facilitate continuous dialogue about research quality, societal relevance and viability in the context of research quality assurance. Please find the reports below:
- Evaluation report NIAS 2017 – 2018
- Comments of board and management on the evaluation of the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIAS) 2017
- Directorate’s reaction to the NIAS evaluation report 2018
- Report evaluation NIAS-KNAW by Scientific Advisory Board 2018
- Self-assessment NIAS-KNAW 2017