NIAS offers facilities for the organization of short academic workshops to stimulate knowledge exchange in a setting that is both collaborative and multi-disciplinary. These workshops can be organized by NIAS (former) fellows.
Organizing a Workshop at NIAS
- Applications for a NIAS workshop grant can be submitted for workshops of one, two or three days.
- It is possible to apply for a workshop grant with a maximum of 20 participants.
- Workshops can take place in the period between September and June (Monday to Thursday only, excluding holidays and the first week of September, the first week of February and the last week of June).
- NIAS workshop grants are awarded for part of the workshop costs only – part of the costs should be covered by the organizers.
What Can Be Applied for?
- Conference Room with presentation equipment
- Limited number of small meeting rooms with optional presentation equipment
- Wifi access in all areas
- Lunch at NIAS
- Coffee, tea, water
Traveling costs and accommodation are not covered by the NIAS grant.
Who Can Apply for a NIAS Workshop?
NIAS Fellows and theme-group members from the current year group.
Note: Alumni can also apply. In that case lunch is provided but for the accommodation we ask a contribution of 750 euro.
Note: NIAS currently does not accept workshop applications from external researchers.
Selection Process and Selection Criteria
The academic programme of the workshop should aim at developing new (interdisciplinary) themes. Applicants may choose any academic subject that falls within the humanities and social sciences (including interaction with other domains).
The Directorate of NIAS decides whether or not an application for a NIAS workshop grant is awarded.
Outcome of Application Procedure
Grants are awarded on the basis of the agreed budget. The terms of the awarded application will be laid down in an agreement to be signed by NIAS and the workshop organizer.
When to Apply
Applications can be submitted throughout the year. Because the available time slots are limited and organizing a workshop can be time consuming, it is recommended to plan ahead.
How to apply?
Please download, complete and return the documents below.
- Application Form (docx): Application Form Expert Workshop
- Budget Form (xlsx): Budget Form Expert Workshop
Email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: you are strongly advised to contact email@example.com about available slots before sending in an application.